Microsoft is encouraging users to get their latest Office suite by subscribing to Office 365, the cloud subscription service. The retail boxed version is still available for those who don’t like subscription, however, with so many great benefits to subscribing – we can’t think of a reason not to! From the extras only available in the cloud version of Office 2016 to more flexible pricing options, the new Office is really exciting.
Here is a brief summary of the purchase options which include Office 2016:
- Office 365 Subscription – Business, Business Premium, Proplus and E3 subscriptions include a full, installed copy of Office Applications and ranges from £7 to £14.70 per user per month.
- Retail Home and Business boxed versions of Office 2016 ranges from £150 to £300 per box/user.
- Volume Licensing is a Microsoft programme for 5 plus users who buy a software license allowing them to download software against each license key. Volume licensing is available through Microsoft Resellers. Microsoft do not offer RRPs for volume discounts and Resellers’ prices may vary.
Benefits of subscribing to Office 2016 (via 365):
- Multiple updates per year – Boxed editions will no longer receive constant updates
- Cost – at £84 per year, not only is it cheaper than buying the boxed edition every 3 years, also included is Exchange Server (Email), SharePoint (File collaboration), OneDrive (personal storage) and Skype for Business (Communication) at no extra cost.
- Extra Copies – Office 2016 can be installed 5 times per user on additional PCs, Macs or Mobiles producing big savings
About John Pereira
John Pereira is the Managed Services Account Manager at Advantage Business Systems. John has over 10 years’ experience in the IT industry and specialises in Outsourced IT Services including support, consultancy, security and all things Microsoft Server side. For more information on Office 2016 and Advantage’s Managed IT services for small and midsize businesses, call 0203 004 4600 or visit Advantage’s website.