Here are the latest tips and tricks to make working with Dynamics GP that little bit easier.
- How to Correct Erroneous Accounts Info
We’ve all been there – you realise you’ve made a mistake only after you’ve entered the payment info. But don’t worry: you can edit accounts payable and accounts receivable info after you post them:
- Transactions>Sales or Purchasing>Edit Trx Information
- Select Due Date, Discount Date, Purchase Order Number or Description
- Edit as required
- Save data
- How to Hold a Process on a Document
Placing a process hold on a document lets people know that the document is to be frozen within the pipeline: if it’s meant to be posted, it’ll hold it up. If it’s mean to be printed, it’ll be shelved until you remove the hold.
- Transactions>Sales>Sales Transaction Entry
- Select document
- Select holds
- Assign the process hold to a document
- Finish with ‘OK’
- How Create a Cash Receipt
Cash receipts give customers proof of payment when paid by GP systems. You can create them with an add-on called WilloWare which is also available via the GP Power Pack. You can even put your company logo on the receipt!
- How to Attach Documents in GP 2013 R2
This update made attaching documents a lot easier. Now you just have to set it up:
- Tools>Setup>Company>Document Attachment Setup
- Tick ‘Allow Document Attachments’
- Select a default location of your attachments (i.e. a folder on your computer/server)
Now it’s set up, attach a document by:
- Hit the attach button (the paperclip)
- Press Attach
- Select the appropriate document from the folder you set up
- 50 More Tips!
Hungry for more Dynamics GP tips? You can find 50 more tips in this all killer, no thriller youtube GP tutorial video!